Cancellations, Refunds and Returns
Please note that orders for goods that have been custom made or personalised cannot be returned for a refund unless faulty or damaged.
- Orders will be made to the sizes provided when ordered. Any mistakes when measuring are not the responsibility of J.H. Leather. We cannot accept returns or offer refunds on items that were measured wrong.
- Upon receiving your order, if it does not live up to your expectations you have the right to return them within 7 days.
- We cannot accept returns on bespoke, personalised or embossed items unless there is a fault with the product.
- If you intend on returning a product you must let us know in writing or via email, please enclose your name, type of product you would like to return and the reason you want to return your item.
- When returning an item you are responsible for postage costs.
- All returned items need to be in new, unused and unmarked condition.
- A refund will be given once the item has been returned to us.
Incorrectly Delivered Goods
In the case of incorrectly delivered items, items must be in as new and unused condition when returned to us. If you have received the incorrect goods please contacts us immediately. As soon as we receive the incorrect goods back we will arrange delivery of the correct goods and refund the postage costs incurred.
We recommend using a signed for service to return any goods.
If you would like to order from J.H.Leather you can do so in a number of ways. You can order straight from our website and pay by Card or PayPal (you do not require a PayPal account to order this way). If you would rather you can email us your order to firstname.lastname@example.org, please include the item name, colours, size, fitting choice, etc and your contact information. We will then sent you an invoice. We also accept bank transfers if you would like to pay direct, please email us with your order details and contact information and we will send an invoice to you containing payment information.
Once we receive your order we will contact you with a conformation email and up to date time scale on orders.
Orders will be made up to the sizes provided when ordered, any mistakes when measuring are not the responsibility of J.H. Leather. We cannot accept returns or offer refunds on orders that were measured wrong. Please see our measuring guide for details on how to measure your new item. If you need any more help please contact us on email@example.com or 07494654036.
World Wide Shipping
Want to place an order but you don’t live in the United Kingdom? We can ship worldwide! If you are interested in ordering from outside of the United Kingdom please select the international postage option and check out. Please note when ordering from outside the UK you may incur an import tax duty when the parcel enters your country. You will be liable to cover this cost.
All items sent within the United Kingdom are send second class singed for via Royal Mail, these items take roughly 2 working days to be delivered. International parcels are send International Tracked and Signed for via Royal Mail. Items sent outside of the United Kingdom take between 5 and 10 days to be delivered.
- Leather is a natural product and will over time darken in colour. Colours of leather may appear differently on monitors.
- When new, excess edge stain can rub off new leather items (especially on animals as their fur rubs on the edges of the leather). This will stop naturally over time.
- If your leather item becomes wet then dyes can leech out, this will stop over time. If your leather item does get wet we recommend using a leather conditioner to help put back in oils that have been lost.
- Leather will dry out and become weak and liable to crack and split if not cared for properly, we suggest using a leather conditioner regularly.
- Do not leave leather products on or near a radiator, oven or fire as this will cause the leather to dry out.
- Regularly check items for wear and tear. If your item becomes damaged please contact us to arrange a repair. If a repair is needed this will be charged accordingly.
- Real shotgun cartridges are used in the shotgun keyrings and cartridge bags, these are liable to rust overtime if not cared for. If they get wet dry with a cloth as soon as possible. You can also use a brass cleaner on the caps.
- Brass fittings may become dull over time, to get the shine back you can use a brass cleaner.
- Nickel plate clinchers should be cleaned with a silver polish if they become dull/loose their shininess.
- Trigger clips may become stiff over time if not used for a long period of time or left in a wet place, you can use multi purpose oil to lubricate the springs and get the clip working smoothly again.
Leather is a natural product that loses a small amount of oil every day of its life, this needs to be put back in to stop it drying out and cracking.
To clean your leather item wipe fist with lukewarm water and a sponge. Once it has dried naturally you can apply a good quality leather balm.
The Original Leathercare Product from J&E Sedgwick uses natural ingredients including tallow, oils and beeswax to clean and condition leather. A 65ml pot from J.H. Leather will help prolong the life span of your new leather product and enhance the life of leather items you may already have. You can purchase a pot through our website for £3.85 (ex postage)